召し上がれ。
Can you hear me?

Welcome

Eggplants?

gakupo
Feat. Gakupo from Vocaloid.










---- Best view in Google Chrome, 1280 x 800. ----

☆ KERA Nov 09 translation

Sunday, September 27, 2009, 11:50 AM.

damn, i dont have time to read, so i'll just post it here.
credits to http://guren-void.livejournal.com/5470.html.

----------------------------------------------

First off, what was your first impression when you heard the original melody of the new song BEFORE I DECAY?
RUKI: Since the album is heavy and there is a lot of suspension, I thought about doing a simple and speeding song next. Personally, we made a minor song with a very good meaning (laugh).
URUHA: Since there wasn't any speed feeling in the new album, the power could be felt [from this new song].
AOI: I also thought that it would be cool to have some speed.
REITA: Honestly, it's cool. I wanted to play it at a live as fast as possible. We couldn't do it at the tour.
KAI: The rhythm of the highest point was original/new and I thought it was interesting.

What was the reason for your decision to put the song into the title of the single?
RUKI: Because it was made with that intent, it was that kind of state (laugh).
URUHA: The GazettE's typical-ness and simplicity was what we wanted to do and I think that was an important reason.
AOI: Because there is vigour, right.
REITA: After DIM, we're going for songs with impact in the single and I thought it was good. I wonder if you can get into it.
KAI: I thought it had a straight feeling and we chose it for the single.

Were there any problems during recording? I thought that perhaps that was work that you did while touring, between time and money, or from the performance side, the arrangement side, moments when there are going to be hardships, please tell us.
RUKI: First off, the song-making took a lot of time. It got quite numb there. Also, we barely made it in time with the arrangement. With the work done until that moment I haven't thought about it since.
URUHA: Because even if we worked on accumulating the sound during the recording, there were important things to realise from the beginning (bitter smile)
AOI: MA (mastering - finishing touches work) took super long!
REITA: Making the sound right! It was especially hard!
KAI: Because we made the main sound with an ANBI mike [some sort of equipment, I think but I'm not sure], the severity of the play made us numb.

About the coupling "tricks". Please tell us about the impression you had when you listened to it for the first time.
RUKI: It's been a while since making a song with such a feeling (a song as if on the edge). And also, I think we made quite a good tension in it. Not too much pop, not too much rock, it was an important point that we made it like this.
URUHA: Something faintly nostalgic (laugh)
AOI: I also had memories of old times.
REITA: There was an impression of listening to it easily. The phrase was also interesting.
KAI: It's the opposite with me, the rhythm, the song, the melody too, there was probably a fresh feeling.

About the "tricks", from the work point of view, what were the troublesome parts?
RUKI: Well... actually the time... more or less. But the bass person was trying really hard (laugh).
URUHA: BEFORE I DECAY was like that. At the beginning the sound assembling part was very important.
AOI: Song-making!
REITA: For me the arrangement of the highest poit of the song was troublesome.
KAI: The basis of BEFORE I DECAY was the same, but I did a little more rough way of hitting the drums. That was difficult.

So, since it's autumn, if you think about autumn, what associations do you have? Please tell us about the autumn related memories if you have any. For example, you didn't like it that it was the new school term, you were an athletic festival star in reality, you made journeys to Kyoto to look at the autumn colours...etc (laugh).
RUKI: Autumn... . Well, I like the idea that winter will come soon. I want to go out for strolls more often (laugh).
URUHA: If we talk about autumn, the image of grilling matsutake mushrooms [pine mushroom - check wiki for more info :)] in an earthen charcoal brazier ... .
AOI: Pacific saury [type of fish - check wiki for more info :)]!
REITA: I didn't like the summer holiday homework (laugh).
KAI: My first live was in autumn~. Or should I say, it was the day before my birthday! (laugh)

This autumn, is there a fashion that you want to challenge yourselves with?
RUKI: Yeah~... . I'm thinking of a loose feeling this autumn. Even more loose.
URUHA: Cowboy hat (laugh) [XD]
AOI: I'm fine the way it's now.
REITA: I'm ok now too...
KAI: Speaking about fashion style, about the hairdo, cornrow (during the Saitama Super Arena a beautiful hair style was shown).

The last one, in the second half of this year, one thing you'd want to realise...
RUKI: Move house!
URUHA: I want to be able to speak about 5 languages!
AOI: I'll do my best at different things.
REITA: Work on my body!
KAI: Me too, I want to get more muscular (laugh). Remodel my body!

Labels: